St. Veronica's School Playground With Timelapse Video (Airdrie, AB)
In November 2020, St. Veronica officially opened up their playground. Creating an inclusive and accessible play space was a core focus of this project, and the playground includes accessible ramping and transfers, and the entire surface is pour in place rubber made from recycled tires.
Some other key features loved by the children are:
- The Roller Slide
- The Spinning Shadow Flower
- The Grounders Circuits (these allow kids to chase and play grounders without ever needing to touch the surfacing - a revolution for grounders competitors.)
You can watch a timelapse of the project from start to finish by clicking on the video below or clicking here.
Want to learn more about St. Veronica? Watch Airdrie FM Radio's video feature here.
This playground was made possible through a couple of grants:
- Provincial NDP government grant of $250K
- Alberta Recycling Municipal Demonstration Grant of $25k
- Interested in what grants you may eligible for? Contact us to find out
Heading to this park? Share a photo on Instagram and tag us @parknplaydesign!